Fun for Kids in Boulder County
There is so much fun for kids in Boulder County. What does it mean to be a kid in Boulder County? It means that you will be raised in a town that cherishes youth and adventure! There are so many activities that are geared towards having fun and learning in our community that it makes being a Boulder Kid one of the best places (in my opinion) to raise a family. You will never run out of activities to participate in because there are so many and they are all fun for kids in Boulder County!
One of my very favorite activities, as many of you know, is attending a concert by Jeff & Paige. They are local children’s artists who perform around our community. One of the most loved events that they host with Boulder’s Open Space and Mountain Parks is called Meadow Music. This is a free concert held at the base of the Flatirons in Chautauqua each Monday evening throughout the summer. You can learn more about it watching the video of Meadow Music with Jeff and Paige about the event.
There are other activities that also cannot be missed! For example, we are also big supporters of the art community around Boulder. The Clementine Art Studios where the kids are invited to be themselves and get creative without judgment or preconceived designs. The art supplies are laid out on the tables for the children to pick and combine. My daughter enjoys the day camps they host when school is out. While attending one of these days she actually learned how to sew! It made her very proud, and me too. The school director, Lisa, is so very welcoming and does a great job with the kids. We can’t say enough good things about this studio!
Babies in Boulder
Parenting Place – this facility provides loving support for new mothers. I attended this group when my daughter was a newborn. Here I met other new mothers who were going through the same changes, both blessings and challenges, in life as myself as a new mom. We cried together, we laughed together and we made life-long friends of one another and for our children. Again, another place that I can’t say enough wonderful things about!
- Boulder Foothills Community Hospital offers many educational and community building activities for new parents and Boulder Kids.. First, there is a Friday Afternoon Breastfeeding Club where you can get support and find new friends when your baby is a newborn. They also have a What’s New Mom’s Group and classes on how to properly fit and use a carseat.
- In addition to the groups above, there are many MOP‘s (Mothers of Preschoolers) groups throughout Boulder County that offer support to parents with young children.
School Aged Boulder Kids
- Library’s all around Boulder County offer fun story hours for Boulder Kids. The Lafayette Library has times available during the day and even in the evening for parents who work! The Boulder Libraries also host story hours for children at various times throughout the day. We enjoyed many storytimes at the Arapahoe Library just outside the Boulder Creek Path. Afterward we would often walk the path to the Farmer’s Market for an ice cream after the storytime was complete.
- Another one of our favorite activities for a day of fun is Xtreme Altitude. During the day there are drop-off times where they children can run and play in an open gym. There are also Parent’s Night Out evenings each month on Saturday nights. It is a the best babysitter in town as the kids get to run and play together all evening, instead of being stuck at home with a movie and a sitter. Of course they are also known for their excellent gymnastics classes & camps for kids of all ages!
- If you have Boulder Kids and are a Boulder Mom, then chances are that you enjoy exercise and working out! If that is the case then head over to the Boulder Valley YMCA where they have incredible family membership packages and also great childcare facilities. Before my youngster went off to school we were regulars at their morning workout classes and childcare facility. We made so many lifelong friends at this place that it literally ingrained us in the community. We can’t say enough good things about this organization.
Camps & Outdoor Activities for Boulder Kids
- Xtreme Altitude
- Boulder Valley YMCA
- Thorne Nature Camp
- CU Science Camp
- Colorado Mountain Ranch
- Rocky Mountain Day Camp
- BMoCA Young Artists’ at Work
- Also see the Boulder Weekly for a complete list of Boulder Kids camps throughout Boulder County including Longmont, Lafayette and even extending all the way down to Denver!