The sellers of 385 West Cornwall Court know how important it is for women to get help planning for the future. Because of this they used their non-profit donation to Boulder Valley Women’s Health Center. Boulder Valley Women’s Health Center provides reproductive and sexual health care, including family planning and gynecological services, to adults and teens at clinic locations in Boulder and Longmont. This includes sexual health services and education. Women’s Health envisions a healthy community of people empowered to make informed choices about their sexual health and well-being.
This is how Boulder Valley Women’s Health Center will meet it’s mission.
- They provide quality healthcare and services regardless of a client’s insured status, economic circumstances or immigration status
- They have respect for the dignity of their clients
- The are compassionate and caring
- They are committed to reproductive justice
- They actively include those who experience unique barriers to healthcare access including mono-lingual Spanish speakers, youth, GLBTQI (Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender, Questioning/Queer, Intersex), racial/ethnic/cultural communities, and people who have disabilities
- They provide medically accurate, comprehensive and respectful education to those who need it
- They utilize resources in a way that provides healthcare within their scope of practice and consistent with the standard of care to as many clients as possible
- They provide a work environment for all employees that is affirming and respectful of them as individuals and empowers and encourages success.
Patients can be evaluated for gynecologic abnormalities and many outpatient procedures can be done at their Boulder site. Well Woman exams and family planning services at Women’s Health are provided by specially trained advanced practice nurses (Nurse Practitioners and Certified Nurse Midwives). Advanced Practice Nurses are qualified to provide much of the medical care patients need and can also write prescriptions. Their APNs are experts in the full range of birth control methods. Boulder Valley Women’s Health Center also provides screenings for breast and cervical cancer, and comprehensive health screenings to identify other potential health issues, such as, diabetes, high blood pressure, heart disease, and depression.
All services provided to patients at Boulder Valley Women’s Health Center are taken into consideration about their lifestyle, family situation, reproductive needs and desires, and personal preferences. Each patient’s life situation is honored, with a goal of empowering women and men to make responsible reproductive healthcare choices. Their educational efforts focus on providing nonjudgmental information and encouraging personal responsibility and decision-making.