7 Tips for the Snowy Season
The snow has finally come, and it’s not stopping any time soon. Here’s a few friendly tips to stay safe and warm during this snowy season we call winter.
- Make a winter supply box for your car
- High energy food
- Warm clothing
- Extra gloves
- Road flares
- First-aid kit
- Extra ice-scrapper
- Have kitty litter or sand in your car
- You can use this if your car gets stuck in the snow. Put a little behind your back tires to give them some traction.
- Keep a shovel in your car
- Use this to dig your car and wheels out when it snows heavily while you’re away from your car. Be considerate of where you are throwing the snow though.
- Check your engine coolant, antifreeze, and wiper fluid levels
- This will insurance a better and safer drive; it’ll keep your windshield clean and your engine from freezing.
- Dress as if you are to expect your car to break down
- You never know what could happen, and you don’t want to be stranded with no warm clothes.
- If you are walking outside at night, where something to contrast the colors of the snow
- This will help drivers see you better and avoid hitting you.
- Plan for a longer drive to everywhere
- With the snow, people and hopefully you, will be driving slower.
- If you park your car outside, plan extra time to scrap the snow off and to warm your car up. Try not to drive your car when it’s cold.
The winter time can be a very dangerous time for drivers. Even if you know how to drive in the snow, chances are that the person next to you, does not. Please stay warm and safe. Help your friends and loved ones as well.